Sunday, March 10, 2013

Yuraku




This past Friday, I chose to go to the Yuraku Japanese Restaurant in Germantown, Maryland. I went during lunch time so I can get a chance to eat the well-known sushi buffet they serve. This had to be about my third time coming here, but it's been a while.

When I first got to the restaurant, the parking seemed like it was going to be horrible. The parking lot was really full, but I managed to get a good spot. Before I parked, a driver almost hit me because he was not paying attention so I would highly suggest being extra careful around this parking lot. Each time I went to Yuraku, I would always have to wait because it's a really small restaurant and it's always packed during lunch time. This time, I waited for about two minutes and I was able to get my table. My server asked what I wanted to drink and told me I can go ahead and start eating while pointing to the buffet line.

The buffet is different compared to a chinese buffet. A chinese buffet has a lot of different sections in a big area. Yuraku's lunch buffet has two sections all in one little corner. There's a lot of different choices, but getting the food is just a pain! I chose to get a plate of vermicelli noodles, crab salad, tempura green beans and shrimp, and some sushi. I honestly loved everything. The sushi was good, but I felt that they could be better. I think they could have been more fresh. The rest of the food I got was delicious. I ended up getting more of the regular food compared to the sushi. My whole point of going there was for the sushi and I didn't even really want any after I got some! They had a huge variety of sushi, both raw and cooked. I think I would have enjoyed the sushi more if I was in the mood for it. I was having one of those days where I just didn't really feel like myself so maybe going there wasn't the best idea!

My experience at Yuraku was pretty good. I liked that I didn't have to wait long at all because they are known to have long wait lines. The restaurant is tiny, but the food is good. The cost of the lunch buffet was $12.95 a person which I thought was a little overpriced, but it's a good price for all-you-can-eat sushi plus other delectable foods. I did not try ordering sushi at the bar or ordering anything off the menu because I strictly decided to just eat the buffet food. Why would I wanna pay even more if I already have a ton of choices to choose from?

No comments:

Post a Comment