Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Panera



Panera is one of my go-to spots for comfort food. I went to the one on Rt. 26 by Giant around dinner time so it was a little busy.

When I first walked in, there was a line so I had to wait for 5 minutes or so. I was trying to decide what to get and I noticed they added pasta to their menu. They added three different kinds: tortellini alfredo, rustic penne bolognese, and pesto sachettini. I ordered the "Pick Two" deal and got a small bowl of tortellini alfredo and a small bowl of broccoli cheddar soup with a baguette on the side. I took my order from one of the annoying cashiers, paid for my meal, and went to wait on the other side of the restaurant to pick up my food.

I waited for another 5 minutes and got my food and sat down. The tortellini alfredo was actually pretty good, but a little on the salty side. I like my food salty, but if it was too salty for me, then it must have been really salty for an average person eating it. The soup was really good because it was nice and hot and it was not too watery or too thick. Dipping the baguette in the soup is one of the best ways to eat their soup and that's exactly what I did!

Panera is definitely one of the best places to grab a quick meal. The food tastes good every time, but sometimes the baguettes are too cold and hard. I would not recommend getting their Caesar salads though because their dressing tastes like seafood to me, weird, but true! The food can be rather expensive, but I can't seem to find another place to go to for quick comfort food. Other than that, I would recommend going to Panera.

No comments:

Post a Comment